Thursday, August 30, 2012

Bloops, Blapathy

Remember that time I had a blog? Apparently I didn't. Well that and I had a bad case of blog apathy, or blapathy if you will. So my apologies to all of you who have faithfully been checking every day for more of my blog brilliance (brilliog?). Next time I encourage you to start a petition. *cricket sound, cricket sound*

Ahem, anyway. So where are we? We do in fact continue to survive based on the sustenance of local food. The spring and summer have flooded the grocery stores with local produce, and the farmer's markets have popped up green (and orange and red and yellow) everywhere. Grocery shopping became infinitely easier and I ate way less (read 0) cabbage soup.

My absolute favourite local treat was peaches. Despite the concerns about local peaches not surviving due to the weird weather patterns in early spring, I did not have trouble finding them (and to my delight, the stores are still well-stocked with peachy goodness). I also discovered Ontario apricots. And then learned that I do not like apricots..........but yay peaches! I even made peach ice cream with local dairy products. MMmmMMmm.

I do not look forward to the fall. Not because it isn't pretty or because the crisp fresh air isn't lovely, but because my beautiful plethora of local produce will dwindle. And not that cabbage soup isn't delicious...but I will miss my variety.

So what next with the blog? I think it's time to start writing about part 2 of The Resolution - Buying locally made clothing, or alternatively, used or ethically made. Stay tuned for the next post "The Ethical Brassiere", it promises to be brilliog.

No comments:

Post a Comment